Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Father's Day 09

This post is way out of order, but I just remembered I wanted to post about our Father's day morning since I actually wrote in my journal about it and I have a picture and I wanted to put the two together. I need to write stuff like this more often even when it doesn't really seem like anything happened worth writing about. I thinks it's just these little moments that I'll appreciate keeping the memory of the most.

Father's Day Morning 2009

Woke up at 7:00 am to Ethan coming in our room saying he was going potty and got poop on the "torlet" and needed help. He was wearing only his jammy shirt, had poop in his bum, and a small ball of poo was lying on the bedroom carpet next to him. Good morning to you, Amy!
On the baby monitor I could hear Michael quietly babbling to himself in his crib.
I cleaned up Ethan and the mess.
Got a very smiley Mikey out of his crib. His lower half was drenched in pee.
I thought about how my life is full of lots cleaning and disinfecting (hopefully!) of poop and pee and wondered how in the world we aren't all sick!
Tony drew pictures with the kids in Ethan's room while I prepared some Father's day festivities downstairs.
We discovered the washable markers weren't so washable off of Michael's little hands and face,
I made a little display of all the gifts and cards from me and the kids and the tower of treat boxes my mom sent from Harry and David. I'm such a good little wifey! :)
Tony and the kids came downstairs to see the Father's Day fun on the table.
Ethan's hands were practically shaking because he was so excited to untie the bows from the treat boxes.
Found out Ethan really likes salted nuts, but not the unsalted. He spit those ones back into the container they came in. Thanks.
Kids ate too much sweets before breakfast, but we had a lot fun opening all the treat boxes my mom had sent and discovering what was inside
Michael REALLY liked the mini cookies in one of the boxes and kept saying, "Mmmmm."
I made my famous peanut butter oatmeal for Mikey. He devoured it and then later ate most of Daddys' too.
Tony wanted to make omelets. He was giddy in the kitchen making them and Ethan stood on a stool to help. He likes to help mix the eggs with a fork.
Cleaned up the mess and then played the piano for a little while.
By request of Ethan, Tony and him played "cave" in our bedroom closet. Ethan was pretending to find dinosaur bones and was putting imaginary ones in a small gift bag he found. He was also wearing a black batter's glove that his fingers barely poke out of.
Michael was playing too and followed them around the house looking for "bones."

2 comments:

The Grahams said...

LOVE that family picture of you guys! It is a really good one! The colors are perfect for you guys! Sounds like you had a very eventful Father's Day!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good father's day...besides all the poo and pee! ;) Your boys are very cute!